Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

My morning commute

It's been a while since I put some pictures up on this thing. So today I brought my camera on my walk to and from the nearby youth house. I withstood stares, yelling in Spanish and French, and one guy riding in a cart attached to a moped miming the action of cutting my throat to bring you these photos. I guess that's why I've never done it before

my alley

local wall-art and a lady (it's 90 degrees today)

empty lot full of trash, one of many

one of the main roads


local Souq




market full of stolen and smuggled goods from Spain, closed in the morning

same as above

youth center and caretaker 
former movie theater, current fish market

lovin those fish

mountains of mint n parsley n cilantro. total cost of everything on this cart, probably less than 15 bucks

local store

same as above. the sacks are full of rice, beans, couscous, spices, etc. 

local mosque. you can buy clothes and butane in the stores underneath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.