Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lucky

Back in Rabat last week, I went through what PC calls the Mid-service Medical. I discovered my blood pressure has lowered, I dropped to 155 pounds (thanks to atrophy/inactivity), and I have some cavities. I also had to get my ears medically cleaned- thanks sandstorms.

Due to continuing gastro-intestinal issues which I have, perhaps, over-shared on this site, I chose to get tested for parasites. This entails walking across town to the testing center, with a brown paper bag containing your 'sample'. And then doing the same thing again the next day. Following this, I met with the doctor who told me "good news, come into my office".
me: "what's the good news?"
doctor: "you have a parasite!"
me: "oh"
I guess it actually is good news because now I know the something-that-was-wrong has a cause, it was never dangerous, and I can probably kill it.

So now I am in the process of killing my parasite. Man v. Parasite... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.