Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Casa

Camp finally ended.
What a way to see the education system in Morocco.  After that fiasco, we went to Casablanca, where approximately fifty other volunteers had congregated to see the new batman movie.  It showed in the "morocco mall", which is an absurdly decadent place, including shrubberies trimmed into consumer goods such as headphones, and an enormous aquarium including sharks.  I couldn't afford to buy anything.  Saw the opening ceremonies of the Olympics.

It's funny what happens to you when you're used to having nobody around who understands English.  We were sitting and watching the opening ceremonies, the beginning of which was less than awe-inspiring.  Krista said something along the lines of "why did we trust the British with this". And a guy on the other side of us said something along the lines of "hey!".  He was British.  I don't think there's ever been a British person in my town.

After Casa we spent a night in Sefrou, our old stomping grounds with our former host families.  It was great to see them, and actually made me feel better about my Arabic- I think I've improved a little bit in the last two months, hoora!  Other highlights included my 3 year old host brother throwing a knife at my mother's face and my host father smacking my host sister.  I gave them some milk, yogurt, dates, and chocolate, and they gave me some sfoof.  Ramadan karim.

Here's some pictures from the Mosque in Casa.  I'll probably put some up from the camps in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.