Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

COSing

Left Berkane two days ago. The final couple days were very tough, and we didn't make it any easier on ourselves. I didn't get to see all the people I wanted to. The final going-away party, which we had on Sunday morning, was very touching. One-by-one students and counterparts stood up and said thank you and how they appreciated us and how we taught them about volunteering and how they would miss us and so on and so on. It was too much for me and I wasn't able to keep it together. The old emotional rollercoaster has been back for the last week or so- particularly since we gave up our cats as well, and we don't know whether they're being looked after properly. Never expected that I would be so worried about them, but it's been one of the hardest parts of leaving.

It is completely surreal, but we are almost done. I am sitting in Rabat with only a few more papers to be signed and then I'll be on my way out. I don't think it will hit me until a while after getting home that we've really left. I'm not thinking clearly enough right now to right anything coherent-- maybe tomorrow. We fly out on May 16th, and we'll arrive back in NYC on May 30th, fully 800 days after departing. I'm looking forward to it. In between, barcelona and istanbul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.