Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bored

It's cooled down to 102 degrees, alhumdullilah. I am bored.

This past week it seems as though I've been defining my life by what isn't happening, rather than what's in front of me. Perhaps this is because there is literally nothing in front of me. I'm spending all my mental energy thinking about what's 10+ months in front of me. And watching tv.
I've been bored. Luckily, however, Ramadan is coming to an end. The day after tomorrow, thousands of people from town will congregate on the highest hill (which is a huge, empty lot), to pray together as the sun comes up. Maybe just men, I'm not sure. Then they will drink tea and eat cookies for about 24 hours in celebration of the end of fasting. A day or two later, I'll be peeling out of town on my way west until I hit the Atlantic. In el Jadida, which is a little south of Casablanca, I'll do 10 days of summer camp and then come back for the end of August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.