Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

last event of the year

Yesterday we celebrated the first birthday of the Dar Chebab with a couple presentations (including one on the importance of English), a song, and honored the local winners of a national creative writing competition which occurred months ago. It was a classic Moroccan event- plenty of tea and sweets, lots of certificates, and endless photos. I'm hoping to help expand the creative writing competition next year to include a few creative writing workshops in English, Arabic, and French, rather than limit it to English like this past year.

After the event somebody came up to me while I was helping a student with an English poem and, without introducing himself, started to complain about the US actions regarding the Sahara. What a jerk.

One of my counterparts, an English teacher named Nora, who helped me with the spelling bee and creative writing competition told me she'd be happy to help with anything I ever want to do. So that was a feel good moment. Purpose of the first year: Accomplished.












not my idea

close-talking bros

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.