Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Cap de Trois Fourches

Instead of using the weekend with prudence, to wash my clothes, to air out my mold-infested belongings, or prepare for classes, I went on a little road trip with some French folks. We drove up to the point at the top of Eastern Morocco, passing a couple towns and the Melilla castle on our way. At the end of the peninsula there's a small preserve with a very poor, sparsely-populated village. The few people who were out and about made up for their lack in numbers with their impressive staring abilities.

It was beautiful though. I was hoping for some sort of fish-shop, but I didn't see any kind of store at all. Did see some donkeys though- click on the pictures to see larger versions of said donkeys.


good road

great paint job on this house

lighthouse. There were some army officers there who were on the lookout for illegal immigrants from more southern Africa on their way to Spain

good friend

e-yore

eyore's cousin

I'm not sure what these people grew- I just saw rocks and cacti

very sleepy village


that's the door to a house built into the rocks

awesome square house
cool

With the rest of my weekend, I went to a nearby school and helped out with an environmental 'sensibilisation' for four and a half hours. Which went pretty well. One kid thought it only took a month for a plastic bag to biodegrade (in reality it's between 100 and 400 years).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.