Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

some photos


Here is an excellent post by a friend of mine, a current volunteer in Morocco, about a trip she took to Chris Stevens' town.  Stevens was the ambassador to Libya who was recently killed in a terrorist attack and who also happened to be a Peace Corps Morocco volunteer some thirty-odd years ago.

http://postgradmel.com/2012/10/03/remembering-chris-stevens-my-journey-to-ouaouizerth/

I've been away for a solid month. It's going to take a while to catch up, so please bear with me.  I'm having some issues with uploading photos, as you can see in the last one of these.  Hopefully tomorrow or the next day I'll get some more photos and some anecdotes from the month up here.

Returning here after such a long trip, it feels like coming home.  In other news, Krista and I now have two cats- Mina and Anton. We stole some sand from a construction site nearby for their litterbox.



Taza, old city

Taza doorway

Taza over the city

rooftop discussion
Fes, medina



Ouzoud fall, azilal province



again, the falls

Krista and I

Sam and I, before jumping
monkeys

valley below toubkal

hotel rooftop, Imlil

Another Monkey
trail up Toubkal

1 comment:

  1. Really cool story about Chris Stevens. Really cool waterfalls. Really cool Mike.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.