Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, nor any other governmental or non-governmental organization.

Nor is anything written here necessarily drawn from my own views, opinions, and observations. Please consider all postings and pictures complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality. For legal purposes, please additionally regard the author as utterly imaginary.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A short poem

The heat continues, although it seems to be abating slightly, now down to the high/mid 90s during the day.  A think a drank some old milk and have been revisited by the 'ol stomach funride.  However, moments of beauty sometimes catch me unprepared and restore me to my senses.  And so, in honor of that, and for my own, easily-won enjoyment, I wrote a stupid poem.


All day I sweat and all night too,
Upon the tiled floor,
And when I stumble to the loo,
It trickles down the more.

Here in my town it’s been real hot,
With never any rain,
Sometimes I think it’s all for naught,
I might just go insane.

So here I sit, no work to do,
With sweaty palms to boot,
And upset stomach (have to poo),
I need to clear the chute.

But now I’m back from the old squat,
Still dripping on the ground,
When through the bars my gaze is caught,
Gold sunset, joy is found.



It looks like regular work will start in early October, AlHumdilallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

The views, opinions, and observations expressed in this journal are my own and in no way reflect the views, opinions, or policy of the Peace Corps, Peace Corps Morocco, governmental or non-governmental organizations.

Nor is anything written here necessarily my own views, opinions, or observations. Please consider all pictures and texts here to be complete fabrications with absolutely no bearing on reality, this one or any other. For legal purposes, please additionally consider the author to be utterly imaginary.